Friday, March 10, 2006

GNN - Guerilla News Network (a link by Seba)

I haven't checked it out to the full extent yet, but what I saw from the guerilla news network - gnn, a politically motivated news and activist forum supposedly based in Canada, seems to be pretty cool. One piece I watched is the video comment True Lies by Taalam Acey, which comes straight to the point after starting off with the soothing sentence "there's nothin' mo' romantic than phantasy..."

Supplement: Now, I surfed their website a little bit more. They really are an independent Canadian news source that is a little bit less radical but also a little bit more entertaining than for example indymedia.org. To what I could see, their mission to combine journalistic content with music video style seems to work out and doesn't get cheesy. Check out their video S-11 Redux including classic scenes from the media after 9-11, as for example GWB's "either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists".

No comments: