Sunday, September 17, 2006

Grumpy Post III: New Kandel 2012

Ok, forget about it: The 5th edition of Kandel's Principles of Neural Science has been officially postponed until October 2007. Originally it was announced for September 2004, and I have been waiting for it ever since (see for example post 1 and post 2). I am expecting it to come out when I am retiring, i.e. in 80 years or so.
I don't wanna be impolite and I admire Eric(h) Kandel a lot, but he should take care that it won't have to be published postmortem...

--
Addendum:
I saw an interview with him on TV the other day. He is awesome and in very good shape. Go for it, Eric...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry B.,

after selling my ghetto 4th edition 3 months ago, I thought I was smartly planning ahead and making an exceptionally good deal. O yeah!

Now, After desperately waiting for the 5th to come, I had to buy the 4th again as my courses here heavily make use of Kandel material.
O no!

Mais C'est la vie, mon cheri.

Jerry said...

Oh crap,
I hope you weren't relying on the information of my blog. Never do that.
As I still have only the 3rd edition, could you scan your 4th and put it on the web? That'd be nice.
Thanks.
All the best,
Jerry